YOUR BABY, YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE ~ I WILL STAND BY YOU ALL THE WAY
Hi, I am Michelle and I have a passion for family … and families come in many fabulous different packages in today’s modern world! I trained as an Early Childhood Teacher in New Zealand and then as a professional Nanny for 21 years.
My little family (My husband and 2 teenage daughters) are originally from New Zealand, we moved to the UK 7 years ago and have never looked back, I absolutely love this little slice of heaven we have found in the Cotswolds. Days are spent walking and exploring the countryside with our dog, yoga and swimming. It all fills my ‘cup’ and leaves me feeling ready to give my everything in support of the incredible parents I meet.
I believe birth can be an empowering, positive and a wonderful experience when you feel supported, informed and confident. These are memories and feelings I want you to treasure forever. No matter how you choose to birth your baby, I will support you through this wonderful journey and help you to prepare for birth and beyond. I can provide emotional, practical support to help you gain confidence and trust your body’s intuition. The actions you take and the decisions you make, can positively impact your birth experience!
Once baby is here, my support can continue and I will help you be the mother you want to be. Looking back, I wish I had received postnatal support, it is invaluable and I want the very best for my clients.
Need to find out a little more about hiring a doula … the ‘Doula Directory’ has some useful resources, or simply call me for a chat 07476 006606.
QUALIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
• BirthBliss Accredited Doula (Birth and Postnatal)
• Doula UK Recognised Birth Doula and Mentored Postnatal Doula
• Life Touch You: Massage Techniques for Doulas, January 2019
• Optimal Birth – Biomechanics for Birth course with Molly O’Brien, June 2019
• The Calm Birth School – Hypnobirthing Instructor, 2020
• RMC accredited Aromatherapy for Childbirth, January 2020
• The Queer Birth Club LGBT+ Competency, July 2020
• How Birth Works – Association of Radical Midwives Online National Conference
(The Art of Second Stage, Induction of Labour, Biomechanics of Birth, Reflexes of the Second Stage, OASI Round Table), November 2020
• AIMS workshop on “Your Rights in Pregnancy and Birth”, November 2020
• 1st Steps to Anti-Racism Course, December 2020